Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I have cancelled my flights with Jet2 for June 2023 only to

Customer Question

I have cancelled my flights with Jet2 for June 2023 only to realise the flights are non-refundable. Is there anything I can do to get my money back or request a credit note? Flights were booked and canceled within 24 hours
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Suffolk, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just speaking here. I want to be informed before I to go to Jet2.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I think that's it. I just want to know where I stand in terms of a refund or credit note and the likelihood of it happening, given the short amount to time between booking and cancelling, and the length of time Jet 2 now have to fill those priorty seats. (1 year!)
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. Usually, you can get refunded the amount you paid in taxes.

However, please check the airline's covid policy (if they have one) as most airlines agreed in their policies to refund even non refundable flights.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for coming back to me Marc. That is interesting. Could I use a policy of that nature, given the flights are a year away? Is there no cooling-off period in the aviation industry when booking and cancelling flights within a certain time?

If the policy was in force at the time of your booking then yes!

There is no cooling off period that I am aware of.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to get back with anything else. I will help to the extent I can.