Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I am being harassed online and it has caused career and

Customer Question

I am being harassed online and it has caused career and commercial damage. Can I challenge the websites that host the liable posts?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North Yorkshire, UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I have just ignored it. But it is damaging and slanderous.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The posts are made anonymously but I have a good idea who they are.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 13 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Firstly, have you considered reporting this to the Police?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No? It has been going on for about 7 years now. More recently it has started to affect my business.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The posts are on 2 websites.

Ok, so you could report this to the Police as it could amount to a harassments. Additionally, you could consider legal action in defamation.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would you take a look at it and let me know your thoughts? There are probably 6 posts which are very personal attacks and not factually correct. I would be happy to pay you. Then you could advise?

I can't do it I am afraid as it would have been be my personal opinion.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you know anyone who can look at this from a legal perspective? To consider the evidence?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

This is an official register of solicitors.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

No problem at all. I hope all goes well. Feel free to get back with anything else. In the meantime many thanks for using our service.