How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7843
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

I’m not married but in couple sins 26 years, Base in

Customer Question

I’m not married but in couple sins 26 years
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Base in Cambridge
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: do I have any right
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just would like to know what are my right during a separation if you are not married
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do?

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

 My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this afternoon. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
you don’t need other information?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

If you have please go ahead and send through before i prepare your response.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I followed my wife in 2011 to uk
We are from Belgium
She started a very good job in an pharmacy company
I did my best to find a job in uk
The children been to university and are independent now
My wife is the owner of the house and asked me to leave
When we came I give her all my savings
I spend a lot of money in our Belgian house, she sold it
I didn’t pay rent in the house in uk but I was spending to support the familySo we are not married but I would like to know if I’m in right to ask for some money
To find a new place to rent around Cambridge cost a fortune…
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Where is the answer ?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.
Please bear with me, I am on your question now.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. If not married you must have a cohabitation agreement to provide for your entitlement.

In relation to the home that you share if you have made any contribution financially you can claim beneficial interest to it and I would strongly recommend for you to register a restriction against the property on the land registry if your partner owns the home and does not have your name on the title.

Apart from that sadly you won’t be entitled to anything else unless there is a Will that provides for you.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and clarify anything. All the best,