AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

Basically last year I applied for a place in Salford

Customer Question

Hi basically last year I applied for a place in Salford University for accounting and finance and ended up taking an apprenticeship instead. I never enrolled and I did email them saying I won't be enrolling but the message doesn't seem to be received by there end and I'm getting letters through the post saying that I owe them the tuition fee and if I don't pay I will be taken to court
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I haven't spoken to a lawyer I live in uk manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've tried contacting the university but no one answered And in email I've explained it But they don't seem to understand I was never a student there I never actually enrolled Never set foot in the university
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it Thank you
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thats it to be fair

Have you tried going to the University so you can clarify things directly?

You can also write a formal letter to them to serve as a response to their letters. You can state and clarify to them that you never enrolled to the University.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.