How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 53
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

Basically last year I applied for a place in Salford

Customer Question

Hi basically last year I applied for a place in Salford University for accounting and finance and ended up taking an apprenticeship instead. I never enrolled and I did email them saying I won't be enrolling but the message doesn't seem to be received by there end and I'm getting letters through the post saying that I owe them the tuition fee and if I don't pay I will be taken to court
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I haven't spoken to a lawyer I live in uk manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've tried contacting the university but no one answered And in email I've explained it But they don't seem to understand I was never a student there I never actually enrolled Never set foot in the university
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it Thank you
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thats it to be fair
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Have you tried going to the University so you can clarify things directly?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

You can also write a formal letter to them to serve as a response to their letters. You can state and clarify to them that you never enrolled to the University.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.