ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My son was arrested over 24hours ago and i can't speak to

Customer Question

My son was arrested over 24hours ago and i can't speak to him because he is an adult
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Not aware what is going on as the police cannot disclose anything to me
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Norwich
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have nothing to add
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good afternoon. Please I need advice on what to do. My son was arrested in Norwich . I am not sure what he is been detained for but I have been told he will not be allowed to go home we have now entered the 36th hour. No information was given because he is 25years old adult. What do I have to do at this stage?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. They are correct, as he is an adult, they are not obliged to provide personal information in relation to what he is before the court for to you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

You may instruct a solicitor to attend the police station to make enquirers about the reason for him being detained and when he will be carried before the court for a bail application to be made.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

The police usually has duty solicitors, you may ask whether a duty solicitor was provided to him. Alternatively you could instruct someone personally. You may locate a local solicitor via the below link. Select the option family and input your address.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.