JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

How do scaffolding company have to remove scaffolding they

Customer Question

How long do scaffolding company have to remove scaffolding they have partially taken it down and piled it all up in our front garden
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wirral
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We haven’t taken any except ask them to remove it they said they would be back today it is taking up our drive so we can’t park and the rest is still up I just want to know how to deal with this and what is best and legal way
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They are very unsavoury company
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

The scaffolding company must obtain a licence from the council - and the scaffolding should be checked every 7 days whilst in situ to ensure it's safe. You mention they are an unsavoury company which makes me think they may not have a licence (which is illegal).

The way forwards is to contact your local council to a) check if the scaffold company actually has a licence and b) ask the council for help - they may contract the company or they may employ contractors to remove what is left.

You could try and contact the company yourself and threaten a report to trading standards but this may cause more delays - I would say the best way forwards is to speak to the council without delay.

You can reach the council on their number, which is 0151(###) ###-####or you can email them to this address:***@******.***

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim