TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

Bought 4 tickets for Bocelli at Teatro del Silenzo Lajatico

Customer Question

Bought 4 tickets for Andrea Bocelli at Teatro del Silenzo Lajatico 28th July 2022 i live in the Uk . from Viagogo £881.29 Ryanair Hotel Resindenza Santa Cecilia £455 Cost £1,640.91 flus Car hire when i get there .got an email saying that the tickets are no longer available 0n the 8th June have rang them sent email all not known customers orders etc no one to talk to and no one .To day they are advertising tickets for sale >PLERASE HELP ME I want my money back the money was taken out on the 31st june from my bank ZURICk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: iv
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Bought 4 tickets for Andrea Bocelli at Teatro del Silenzo Lajatico 28th July 2022 i live in the Uk . from Viagogo £881.29 Ryanair Hotel Resindenza Santa Cecilia £455 Cost £1,640.91 flus Car hire when i get there .got an email saying that the tickets are no longer available 0n the 8th June have rang them sent email all not known customers orders etc no one to talk to and no one .To day they are advertising tickets for sale >PLERASE HELP ME I want my money back the money was taken out on the 31st june from my bank ZURICk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Fraudsters offices around the world im 80 years old my lifetime dream is to see Andrea in his open 10,000 areana
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I will try to assist with your query.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello. Could you please upload here the email you were sent, after redacting all the personal information?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.
Hello, you should also clarify your circumstances.

You say that you bought tickets for an event planned for 28 July 2022.

Then you say that you got an email - on an unspecified date - informing you that the tickets were no longer available and that you contacted the website on 8 June.

Then you say that the payment was taken from your account on "31 June": could you clarify when did you make the payment and how? By credit/debit card or by bank transfer?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Payment by credit card on the 30th May
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

You should urgently raise a Section 75 claim with your bank/card provider asking the payment transaction to be reversed.

For information on how to raise such a claim, you should refer to your bank/card provider website's relevant section (search "chargeback" or "section 75").

You should attach copy of your correspondence with the website, and, in particular, your complaint emails to them.

You should also pursue the complaint you raised with the website, chasing them for the full refund+compensation for inconvenience and distress.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.

Regards.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can I send you the correspondence please
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

You misunderstood me.

The correspondence you have to attach to the Section 75/chargeback claim is the exchange of emails you had with the website.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don’t want to carry on I can’t do this sorry It’s all fraud . Kind regards
Michael Mackevych
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello.

I honestly don't understand what you are complaining about.

I provided you with an answer to your question on what you could do to try to recover your money.

I did it in simple and non technical language - apart from reference to Section 75, which is a well known remedy providing statutory rights to consumers - to be as clear as possible.

I find it very disrespectful - to say the least - to use a word like "fraud" here.

If you have anything to complain about, you can speak to the Customer Service, which will be more than happy to assist you with any administrative query:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Telephone: 0808 Telephone: 0808(###) ###-####/p>

There are also self-service options regarding the membership available at the same link:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

But please I would appreciate if you controlled your language with me.