How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 915
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I live in Norfolk. My granddaughter both of whose parents

Customer Question

I live in Norfolk.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: My granddaughter both of whose parents are English born (one now lives in Denmark) lives in Sheffield. Her two year old son Mio has a Danish passport. His father is Danish. The couple can only live with each other in short burst. Can you advise me who might be able to help resolves this situation.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: A lot of worrying. The couple themselves have possibly done a lot of talking to a lot of people and I guess legally I have not part in the business . However I am the only one with any money!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My granddaughter's father, who lives in Denmark has another family there and refuses to have anything to do with my granddaughter now that she is over 21. She went to colleges in Denmark and was employed by a Danish based circus before being caught in England by the combination on Covid and Brexit.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 17 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family law and dispute resolution so I'd be happy to offer some guidance on this matter.I'll need a little more information to fully answer your question. First and foremost, are the parties thinking of separating permanently? Are you worried that Mio's father may try and get him to live in Denmark?Thanks, J
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
Hello again.  I note I haven't heard anything from you since responding to your question yesterday evening.  I'll wait until tomorrow and provide you with some general guidance on Children Act matters.  Kind regards, J
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 10 days ago.
Good morning.  I note that I have heard nothing further from you so I'll provide you with some very general advice.  Even though Mio has a Danish passport, his father would not be able to remove him from the UK jurisdiction without making a Children Act application for leave to remove.  This would probably take between 6 and 8 months to resolve.  

If, however, your granddaughter is concerned that the father may remove Mio without her consent, she could pre-empt the situation by making an emergency application for a Prohibited Steps Order (PSO).  An emergency application can often be dealt with within 24 hours.

Without further information, I can only give you that general guidance.  I am very happy to assist further, however, I trust that the information is useful.

Kind regards, J