TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

On 18th of June 2022 I have changed price of laptops listed

On 18th of June 2022 I have changed price of laptops listed on Amazon Prime. By mistake I entered price £47 instead of £470. Immediately 8 laptops has been sold. While orders have status Pending I asked Amazon Customer service to cancel orders. They Refused. I lost £3384
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lincoln, United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted Amazon by chat, email , phone calls
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: amazon rejected cancellation of orders, even if not paid and not shipped to buyers
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I asked them as follow:
Please cancel pending orders(###) ###-####2138730(###) ###-####2252346(###) ###-####3607511(###) ###-####7509936(###) ###-####3849105(###) ###-####4893962
I entered wrong price £47 instead of £470
According to the law retailer can refuse order when it is made after pricing glitch and mistake.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Amazon rejected my request, even if orders not shipped to customers, not paid by customers. they said I am not allowed to cancel Amazon Prime orders. They are going to sell my laptops tu customers at the price £47 each (new laptops HP 630 G8)

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (6L7V3V7)

Hello, I will try to assist with your query.

Please do not upload documents.

Documents examination is a Premium Service that should be arranged separately.

How long after putting the wrong price online did you inform Amazon of the mistake?