ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have filed a small claim against my former landlord. They

Customer Question

Hello,I have filed a small claim against my former landlord.
They responded to my claim by rejecting all my allegations.Their response was full of inconsistencies and incorrect statements.I have 2 questions:
- Is it possible for me to write a rebuttal of their response *before* the judge looks at the case?
Or will I be able to do it before the hearing?- The information I gave in the online claim form are just a summary of what happened. When the judge asks me to "submit the evidence", will I be able to upload a text document in which I state the chronology and explanation of events?
Or will I have to rely solely on the summary I wrote in the online form?Thanks in advance
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Hi welcome to Just answer

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your response. There is no information needed for my question.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. No you will not have to rely solely on the information submitted via claims online. You however do not have to reply to the defence.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

As they are defending the case you will have what is called a case management conference scheduled. At this stage the judge will give orders in relation to the filing of certain documents before the case goes to trial. One of the documents will be the filing of a witness statement. It is in the witness statement that you will be allowed to give an account of what happened.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

All the above will be done before the trial date.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.