james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can I get some advice on occasions and non molestion orders

Customer Question

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am putting in both orders to the court on Monday as I left the family home due to demestic violence in feb I have tried to get my husband to let me back in with my 17 and 14 year old daughters but he said no and has changed the locks all our stuff is in there and we have no where to live
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
First I would like to know is it normal to take a solicitor to a occupational order

Yes it is possible and not unusual to instruct a family law solicitor to deal with both types of hearing.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dose it make a difference?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t have one but I know he does as there is a pending ABH case against him coming up

using a lawyer would ensure the correct things are said, they know what to say, what not to say, and how to challenge the other side correctly with no emotion involved. The court is not interested in emotion.

The lawyer representing hime on ABH would be a criminal defence lawyer.

Family law is different, and would require a different lawyer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also how Successful are these cases particularly when mother has two children and there is domestic violence from the father

I cannot say has successful. In this area of law, every case is dealt with on its own personal merits. As a mother with two children you should have a very good chance of success.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it better I get a lawyer before I put the papers into the court
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Or put the papers in then get one before the hearing date
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if on the day I have a lawyer do they do all the talking ?

That is up to you. If you sort a solicitor first, they can make sure everything is correct.

You may qualify for legal aid.

The following link will allow you to look for a legal aid law firm.

Enter a local post code, select the area of law, family and a list of local firms will be displayed, then all you do is simply call one.

https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just looked and the list that came up will thay all be legal aid lawyers

Th link I sent is for firms dealing with legal aid yes.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That’s all for now thank you so much for your help

Your welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.