james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I need some help with a harassment case, london england, i

i need some help with a harassment case
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have been threatened by a legal letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i posted tweets, which i probably regret posting now, about someone who defrauded me substantially. they were not menacing, they said they did a big fraud, and were true, but they are exceptionally wealthy
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok
thank you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I'm a little wary of this site, can I ask if you are a real person? :) , and are you a British solicitor?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have a legal letter about harassment, and I think a consent order to sign
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's from someone who defrauded hundreds of thousands of pounds from me, but I posted on twitter about them doing that to me

Yes the site is genuine and I am a qualified English solicitor advocate

What exactly does the letter say that you receive from their lawyers

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I got a call but it was an answer message, saying I could end this call and just hang up
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Did you try to call me?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I paste it into here
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I didn't really received my call I paid for

No I did not call.

Yes if it a single letter attach here

kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:   0808(###) ###-####    https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
CONFIDENTIAL & NOT FOR PUBLICATION
BY EMAIL
Edward Murray
Email:***@******.***;***@******.***;
Our Ref: BRDC/ THHR/
17 June 2022
Dear Mr Murray
OUR CLIENTS: JONATHAN GALE & SONITA GALE
We are instructed to act on behalf of Jonathan Gale (“Mr Gale”) and Sonita Gale (“Mrs
Gale”) (together “our clients”) and refer to various social media posts (including on
Instagram1 and Twitter2) and other communications you have sent or posted either publicly or
to business associates of our clients in recent days.
We request that, from now on, you direct all correspondence on this subject to Bryony Hurst
(*****@******.***) and Theo Rees-Fallow (*****@******.***) of
our firm. Under no circumstances should you make any further attempts to contact our clients
directly.
Background
1. You have a history of conduct towards our clients which exacerbates their concerns
about your recent behaviour. Between 2014 and 2016, you made a series of
unsupported allegations against our clients, including that our clients had breached the
US Wire Act. These allegations eventually led to you making several unfounded reports
to various law enforcement bodies both in the UK and the United States of America
which – due to their false and unmeritorious nature – were not pursued in any way by
the authorities in question.
2. During this period, you are also believed to have:(a) created a fake email address which
you used to imitate Mrs Gale by sending emails to her contacts; and (b) posted
extensively online about our clients, repeating the unfounded allegations of criminal
conduct and also revealing to the world at large private details about our clients
including the location of their primary residence and details concerning their childrens’
school.
1 From your Instagram account with the handle @teddymurray.
2 From your Twitter account with the handle @djsunset.
2
3. It is apparent that you have recently recommenced your campaign against our clients.
We refer in particular to:
a. On 8 June 2022, you posted on your Twitter account “What would you do if
@GamRegGB and @andrewjonrhodes were protecting you after you [Mrs Gale]
and your hubs [Mr Gale] did tens of millions of pounds of fraud? Here’s how
criminal Sonita Gale celebrates Euromillions-winner-lifestyle fraud – ugly
photos with @JeremyCorbyn & @KateOsamor yesterday”.
b. On 9 June 2022, you sent a message on Instagram to the South London Film
Festival (@southlondonfilmfestival). This message contained a number of
disparaging and defamatory remarks about our clients, including that: (i) “one of
the people you have given a prize to [Mrs Gale] is a major criminal”; (ii) “[Mrs
Gale] is one of the biggest criminals in Britain and is part of a £3.5 billion fraud
on the taxpayer and NHS”; (iii) “The Gales made tens of millions of pounds
through fraud, and pay no tax”; and (iv) “she [Mrs Gale] stole probably hundreds
of thousands of pounds from me, and pays no tax on that income of tens of
millions”.
c. On 9 June 2022, you posted on Twitter “Have just been blocked by one of Britain’s
biggest fraudsters Sonita Gale from her ‘charidee’ Instagram account
@hostiledoc. She’s made tens of millions of pounds through fraud, and relies on
@andrewjonrhodes to keep her protected from criminal charges”.
d. On 10 June 2022, you made a phone call to a cinema where Mrs Gale’s film was
screening, during which you alleged that our clients were fraudsters, and had taken
money from yourself and others.
e. On 11 June 2022, you sent a thread of three responses to a tweet by
@WatermansArts in which you said “Sonita and her husband Jonathan Gale have
made tens of millions of pounds through fraud… Jimmy Savile used to use all the
charity stuff he did as a shield. Sonita and Jonathan Gale are doing the same.
They’re just a pair of greedy, ruthless crims, no more, no less… Sonita and
Jonathan pretend they are professional gamblers and pay no tax on their
business with 40 staff. This reduces govt income, who then have less to spend and
voters then vote more for anti-foreigner policies. Sonita is actually harming
migrants.”
f. On 15 June 2022, you posted on Twitter “My elderly relative had to wait over 4
hours for an ambulance after breaking her hip on Monday. NHS under massive
strain, and we have to fight to stop @andrewjonrhodes and @gamreggb keeping
on protecting the Tory donor doing hundreds of millions of pounds of fraud on
NHS. Enough.”.
g. On 15 June 2022, you posted on Twitter “Ridiculous having Sonita Gale
@hostiledoc, who has 40 staff and a business called RYT Ltd, paying no tax and
pretending all income including extensive fraud is tax free gambling winnings,
putting up SJW statuses about refugees who need taxpayer support”.
3
Unlawful conduct
4. The accusations you are making about our clients are both defamatory and maliciously
false. There is no basis whatsoever upon which it could be reasonable to suggest that
our clients have committed fraud, upon the NHS or otherwise, nor
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
nor that either of them
are criminals, allegations you have repeated numerous times to large audiences and
audiences specifically calculated by you to cause particular harm to Mrs Gale and her
career. You imply that our clients are in some way avoiding their tax liabilities and that
this somehow equates to Mrs Gale “harming migrants”; again, this is patently untrue.
5. It is obvious that such allegations will cause (and indeed already are causing) serious
reputational and financial harm to our clients. Given the complete absence of basis to
your allegations, and the fact that you are deliberately targeting Mrs Gale’s business
associates, it is clear that you are solely motivated in your actions by malicious intent
towards our clients.6. Your conduct also constitutes harassment of Mrs Gale which is entirely unacceptable.
Your behaviour in tracking Mrs Gale’s movements during her current tour and
contacting venues and business organisations with whom she is involved to promote
her new film, is causing particular anxiety and distress to Mrs Gale. Not only is this
causing her significant embarrassment, and forcing her to spend an inordinate amount
of time dealing with enquiries from third parties regarding your assertions, but it is also
now causing her to fear for her personal safety, and that of her family. Given the
increased frequency of your actions against Mrs Gale, it appears that you have every
intention of continuing to pursue this inexplicable and entirely unacceptable vendetta
against our clients and this is causing them both great concern.
Next Steps
7. The course of conduct you are pursuing against our clients is unlawful and is causing
them significant damage and distress. Our clients will take all steps necessary to
preserve their own safety and that of their family, as well as to protect their reputation,
their privacy and their business interests. To that end they have instructed us, and are
instructing a QC, to assist them in taking such steps.
8. We request that you immediately cease all forms of harassment and other unlawful
behaviour towards our clients, delete all posts on Twitter and Instagram (including
those set out above) concerning our clients and provide us with a signed copy of the
enclosed undertakings by no later than 4pm GMT on Monday 20 June 2022.
9. Should you fail to sign and comply with the undertakings, we are instructed to
immediately commence legal proceedings against you to: (a) prevent you from
continuing with this destructive course of conduct further; and (b) to recover damages
for the serious harm already caused to our clients as a result of your behaviour to date.
10. All of our client’s rights are strictly and expressly reserved.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
These people stole tens of millions of pounds through fraud, and are huge criminals. I turned down a £600,000 bribe from their associate in 2015.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is a true crime book written by one of their employeeshttps://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/brad-hutchins/game-set-cash-inside-the-secret-world-of-international-tennis-trading/9781863956598?gclid=CjwKCAjw77WVBhBuEiwAJ-YoJOmq9Pbp07J-03ClGVw7sBje755H6csS2M2nHPPo_HKrNSA_jErz5xoCCB4QAvD_BwE
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Ok I have read that, Then I would advice that if you have been doing as the lawyers claim, that you stop immediately and sign the undertaking

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you please tell me what the consequences are if I don't sign it?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been making a 4,100 page file of evidence to submit to the SRA which is related to their crimes, but not about them specifically
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is it a breach to make a submission to the Solicitors Regulation Authority with evidence of crime?

Are the people concerned solicitors and acting in a legal capacity?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not these people from this letter. these people did tens of millions of pounds of fraud. i am making a complaint against three solicitors who allowed it all.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
these two people are part of a larger group of criminals, but they themselves are not solicitors. i plan to include evidence of their crimes which the solicitors allowed
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i want four solicitors struck off for allowing all this crime. then the sra have told me they will escalate any relevant evidence to both the police and the gambling commission

The consequences are they they can take both civil and criminal action against you.

They can seek a court injunction against you, and also sue you for defamation.

On the criminal side they can report you to the police for constant harassment and what appears to be stalking them,

If you have evidence of criminal activity then you need to got to the police.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
a Detective Inspector from actionfraud told me he had recommended prosecuting them, but the met turned it down
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't understand much about the law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I won't post publicly about them again, nor contact anyone related to them
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i gave it all to the police and the police didn't end up prosecuting them

The met do not decide whether to prosecute. That is a decision made by the Crown Prosecution service.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i turned down a £600,000 bribe from their associate
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it went to the crime registrar, who is part of the met
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
but i dont know how it works
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i don't sign it, i can have money taken from me through the civil route, and possible sentencing through the criminal route

Yioiu go to the police report an offence, they investigate then seek advice from there CPS who decide whether to prosecute or not, that is how it works.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i do sign it, and dont breach it, will they go away, and there will be no civil or criminal action? or can they still sue now?

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
they can't sue unless i breach it?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i don't want to post about them on social media anymore anyway, and some of the stuff in that letter wasnt about them

The letter states that if you dont sign they will take action

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
but if i sign it and dont breach it, then i will be left alone?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i sign it, i dont lose the right to report their crimes to the sra, police or any other body?

That is up to them. The demand is you stop.

They could still sue for any damage done by you. You would have to discuss that with their lawyers.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Damage which has already taken place?

They are not solicitors so nothing to do with the SRA.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
their crimes were permitted by a number of crooked lawyers
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i am putting in a complaint against the four lawyers
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
one of them has been sacked twice because of me
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/mar/15/neil-mcarthur-head-british-gambling-commission-resigns

That is upon to you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can include evidence of crimes done by these two people, in a complaint to the sra, because their crimes were permitted by lawyers who themselves were breaking the law

If their lawyers believe you are including their clients in yet another form of harassment by including their names in complaints to the SRA about solicitors involved in activities that would appear to have been investigated and no action taken then that is a risk you take.

Personall, I would advice that you sign the document and walk away.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ah, so i could be vulnerable

yes correct.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i include the evidence in the complaint to the sra

What ever you do regarding those people will leave you open to action.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if I sign the form

As advised above

Sign the form walk away and forget all about them.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i sign it and walk away, there is a reasonable chance they will leave me alone
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i mean not take legal action against me

There is more chance of that happening yes.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can i ask one more question?

yes do.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is it harasssment if i report crimes to the police, with evidence?

No. It is not. But if m=no action is taken again as before then will come after you for harassment.

The bot***** *****ne is how much trouble dod you want to bring on yourself..

They are warning you to stop. If you dont they will come after you in all ways possible.

You have been warned. If you choose to ignore that, then on your head be it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can you please explain "But if m=no action is taken again as before then will come after you for harassment."
is there a typo?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i'm not sure what m means

Yes a typo. But if no action

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
if i told the police, and they did nothing, then the people who i am complaining about wouldn't know (?)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
or if i told the police, and they interviewed these people, then the police took no action, then they can come after me for harassment

The latter is correct, as I have already explained.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi JB
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi JB, are you still online?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was very grateful for your help yesterday
can I help?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't know if you remember my case from yesterday
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have read through it and the tweets do initially sound very defamatory to an outsider
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
but I have the hard evidence to back all of them up
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have felt sick all day and night, haven't slept or eaten, but I'm sure I have got the evidence to back up every tweet
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't really understand the possible consequences
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
or how the legal battles would work
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't understand the likelihood of a criminal trial

I have fully advised . The choice is now yours what you do. I really cannot add more to what I have advised.

You have been warned by the lawyers from the other side. I have advised you.

Very simply, people get sued under the civil system for defamation etc and under the criminal system for harassment basically be case they are either to pig headed, or to silly to let something go and follow advice.

I am not saying that applies to you, but you are being warned by a law form to back off their client, I have warned you of the risks. I  cannot keep repeating the same advice. The choice and risk is now yours.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you

your welcome.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my friend is talking to me on the phone and says you are outstanding and gold dust
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
she is not happy with me for this
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi JB, I am going to sign that letter. Can I please show you my accompanying cover letter, thank you for all your extremely helpful advice so far, its quite short, do you have any recommendations to improve it?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dear Ms Hurts and Mr Rees-Fallow,Please find attached a signed copy of the necessary undertaking. I can confirm and provide an absolute assurance that I will immediately cease any further defamatory remarks or damaging actions regarding Mr Gale and Mrs Gale, on any social media platform or otherwise and will cease to contact your clients ever again directly or indirectly.I believe I have already deleted all previous social media posts concerning your clients, however, I am unsure which posts you are referring to on instagram. Please confirm which posts your have identified and I will delete immediately if they originated from myself and I will notify you if I did not post them. I can confirm again that I will terminate and desist any further defamatory conduct regarding your clients and I will firmly adhere to all points included in the signed undertaking, and fully comprehend.I am very sorry for my conduct which has been completely unacceptable and please pass on my sincere apologies for any distress and deleterious damage caused to your clients reputation in a personal and professional capacity.
That is very good, Covers all the bases and conforms what they ask you to do.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know, otherwise I will send it with the signed document
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much for your intelligence and help

The letter is fine as it is.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. Best wishes JB

Thank you and you.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.