Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have an bench warrant in the UK I live in Spain at the

Customer Question

Hi I have an bench warrant in the UK I live in Spain at the minute but have a holiday planned to Greece will that bench warrant in The Uk stop me from travelling around Europe
JA: What's the underlying case about? When was the failure to appear?
Customer: a few months ago and for a driving offence and perverting the course of justice
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the failure to appear warrant?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That it for now
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

A very good morning to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you this morning. Thank you for the inquiry.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Very well thanks how about yourself ?

I am good thanks. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this travel restriction.

It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this morning.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi I have an bench warrant in the UK I live in Spain at the minute but have a holiday planned to Greece will that bench warrant in The Uk stop me from travelling around Europe ? So is a bench warrant only active in the UK or is it an international thing where I can be arrested in any country. The offence is driving on a ban and not perverting the course of justice ?
Thank you for your patience. Generally not because the warrant would be for the uk jurisdiction but if the police want you arrested so badly they are free to share the warrant information with anybody and uk and Europe do cooperate with each other on combating crime so you can not write off the possibility that the information may have been shared. Most certain with Ireland they will have the record.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. We appreciate the opportunity to guide you and to clarify anything should you choose to return, all the best.