Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My husband had an accident at work in his 32 ton tipper

Customer Question

My husband had an accident at work in his 32 ton tipper lorry. He went into the back of another lorry. His employer normally suspends with full pay but told my husband that she was not paying him to sit on his backside so he could go and do menial jobs at another site further away. This puts an extra 100 miles for the week on petrol. Can she do this ?
JA: Where is your husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: Nothing. It only happened yesterday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. This depends on a couple of things: 1. His employment contract. Can he be required to carry out any other work on different sites? You need to check the contract. 2. If the answer is a Yes, is he medically ok to do it? Again, if it is a yes, then legally, he could be required to do it.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

I hope this helps. Feel free to get back with anything else. In the meantime, many thanks for using our service.