How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GabrielP428 Your Own Question
GabrielP428, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 392
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
GabrielP428 is online now

I only have a verbal agreement with my Tennant I want him to

This answer was rated:

I only have a verbal agreement with my Tennant I want him to leave and he know wants to make things difficult thats what you get for helping him
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Batley West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have given him till the end of September the Only cert I have is the gas safety when he moved in I told anything that needs doing in the house is left to him to sort it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: H e want a tenancy agreement Electrical safety certificate, energy performance certificateI did not put his deposition a protection fund but I do have it in a account and I have not given him a section 21 ...its strange after 5 years he want all this its paramount to blackmail.

Hi, my name is***** am a solicitor in England and Wales with 9 years of experience and have worked in the legal sector since 2008.

This service is not instant, so please note that I cannot always reply immediately due to other work commitments. I look forward to helping you with your legal problem.

If you would like a call to discuss this further, please let me know

A call is a premium service that includes an extra charge.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How much extra normally
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry I dont have the money thats why i want to sell my house I have very little pension as I lived abroad for may years and the house was my investment hence I want to sell it
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello anyone there


HI, there will be an implied agreement by law.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Gabriel thanks what about every thing he his threatening me with

Can you get him to sign an agreement now?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no cos I asked him to leave by the end of September I gave him 3 months notice
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is it too late to put the money into a tennancy deposit scheme as I did not know this scheme existed its took him 5 years to tell me.

Is he paying rent?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
163;500.00 pm that is what I have been living off
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
which does not cover what I need to live on per month when he move in he had nowhere to live I told him the house was a investment and he would only be living there till I decided to sell it now I need to sell it he does not want to move and he as let fall into a sorry state
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he his trying to make things very difficult for me

If there is no tenancy agreement, a tenant cannot be given a section 21 notice for eviction. Instead, a landlord must use a section 8 notice (with a ground for eviction). To be able to evict a tenant in the absence of a written tenancy agreement, a landlord will need to apply to the courts for a possession order.

You cannot use the accelerated procedure, and you will need to file a witness statement.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he his saying the tennancy is illegal ..its amazing he as waited 5 years to tell me
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Gabriel on grounds of eviction I have a few...he has not looked after the property brambles have pulled the wall down facia boards left hanging off the garage he has not kept unto the certification gas electric ect I need to sell the house or move into it as I cannot afford to stay where I am
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are you still there ?
I am here. It is not an instant service.
Under section 8, you don't need to serve a gas certificate.
You can state in your section 8 proceedings he damaged the property. It could be a ground for education under Section 8 schedule 2:ground 13 - damage to propertyground 15 - damage to furniture
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Gabriel I may take this offer in a day or 2 when I put some questions together ...but I want him out of the house I was looking for the strongest reason I need to sell the property as it is a investment as I say I get very little pension and I am struggling and I only have a verbal agreement.. I appreciate your busy.
I am here to help. The eviction will be for several reasons. The reality is that you are probably going to need a court order which is obtained at a court hearing.This is because there is no tenancy agreement. You
cannot use section 21.You can give reasonable notice, but if he refuses to leave, you will have to issue court proceedings and use the relevant grounds for eviction in section 8.

I hope I was able to offer some help. If you have further questions, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

GabrielP428 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Gabriel you have been a big help I will be intouch. Thank you

You are welcome.

Thank you so much for your positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.