Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Wondering what the situation is for a family from abroad who

Hi wondering what the situation is for a family from abroad who have come over on the mothers student visa and the mother and father are heading back to their country - dad for 2 weeks and mum for 3 months but leaving the kids (11, 13, 15 and 17)?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Malaysia
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: none the parents are going but leaving the kids behind
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no,

They cannot just leave the kids, more on a child welfare point than an immigration point in essence, at their age they could be taken into care if both parents are away at the same time. I trust this assists