How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11893
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Wondering what the situation is for a family from abroad who

This answer was rated:

Hi wondering what the situation is for a family from abroad who have come over on the mothers student visa and the mother and father are heading back to their country - dad for 2 weeks and mum for 3 months but leaving the kids (11, 13, 15 and 17)?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Malaysia
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: none the parents are going but leaving the kids behind
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no,

They cannot just leave the kids, more on a child welfare point than an immigration point in essence, at their age they could be taken into care if both parents are away at the same time. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you