james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

A friend brought me 2 medications clomiphen and tamoifen...

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: a friend brought me 2 medications clomiphen and tamoifen... hormone therapy meds and got caught in the airport coming from Egypt because he did not have prescription for these meds and neither do i
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none,, he is under investigation and i need to know if i am legally liable
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing i can think of
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you James. feel free to ask for any details.

If the items are prescription medication and he does not have a prescription for thr drugs, then he is the one who will be in trouble not you.

You had not taken delivery of them yourself, so are in the clear.

The other person could be facing importation of prescription medication.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
in case they call me for investigation. Will I be indicted if i said that i have hypogonadism and diagnosed in Egypt. And he got me these medications that has prescription from egypt to me ? Also will this help his case?

That would make no difference. He cannot bring in medication for you that is prescription medication.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
to summarize, i can say that i have hypogonadism diagnoses in Egypt. And he got me these medications that has prescription from egypt to me. And i wont be legally liable in any way. RIght ?

Correct you are not liable.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you for your advice. Have a pleasant evening. :)

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.