12826847

Questions regarding restraining order, no, No, No

Customer Question

Questions regarding restraining order
JA: Was a restraining order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: no
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello, further to a query i had previously threats of a restraining order have been made - this is a female colleague that i work with in the office 2 days a week, i am worried as we have not communicated since the turbulent fall out over our relationship, but she has since now threatened a restraining order or a molestation order against me so that we cannot communicate, whilst this does not bother me i would really much rather not have the possibility of a restraining order or molestation order against me, what must be proven for a restraining order/molestation order to be put in place? can they just put one in place? would i be allowed to defend this if it was to be put in place?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.
Do you mean a restraining order?  Imposed by the criminal courts ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
although nothing like this has been imposed yet im just concerned about the threat if i havent done anything wrong
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

The criminal courts would not impose restraining order in absence.

They are usually imposed as part of a sentence on conviction but they can be imposed in the event of an equivalent.

She could not have got a restraining order without you knowing.

It is possible that she could have got a molestation order without you knowing although you would need to have been in an intimate relationship with her but God knows what she would have said about that.

Generally speaking judges do tend to grant ancillary orders.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi jo thats great thanks whats an ancillary order? last question from me :)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Quasi civil orders.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,