MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I am seeking protection such as an injunction order, the

Customer Question

I am seeking protection such as an injunction order
JA: Was a protective order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: the police would not help as it is not a direct threat. I know him well and he wants to harm indirect
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: yes but it is weak evidence. There is a new email
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’m not sure what to advise
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you Martin

May I ask for a brief description of your scenario at the moment? Please bear with me as I will reply shortly once the circumstances have been narrated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is not much to go off but he has sent an email while I have been away. There are underlying points where he is implying things that indicate he has been watching me and stalking my social media. He is aiming to scare me and it is working.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
He has narcissistic tendencies toward me and I can’t do right for doing wrong.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have known him 4 yrs Aprox
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I used to live with him. The tenancy ended in March. I left in January and moved out.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I believe he thinks I owe him money to do with the house we rented. When the deposit was returned I paid him roughly half.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I also contributed to the bills while I was not there
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I last emailed him 7th April and expressed i unless he wished to negotiate with me I will or threaten me again I will cease contact and advise the police. Which I have done both.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry. I’ll re type that.

In that case, you can apply for an injunction against any person who has harassed or stalked you or put you in fear of violence by deliberately causing you distress. Injunctions can prohibit such a person from behaving in a certain way. The orders must be reasonable and relevant to the harassment she has experienced. If you will apply for an injunction you will be the claimant and the stalker/abuser will be the defendant.

An injunction might include orders like:

• The defendant is forbidden from coming within 200 meters of the home of the claimant

• The defendant is forbidden from communicating with the claimant directly or indirectly

• The defendant is forbidden from harassing, intimidating, or pestering the claimant

You can make an application for an injunction in the county court or in the High Court, but the county court is usually more appropriate. To apply for an injunction you will need to complete an application form N16A.

This is the form that she can use: Form N16A

Also, you may check this website. Harassment.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve last emailed him seventh of April and expressed that could negotiate unless he wished to threaten me again. I stated I would cease contact and advise the police. I have not contacted him again and I have informed the police on the 6th of April
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
pleas.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
His email states he has contact the police against me that I have committed fraud.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will an injunction prevent him from causing me stress in this area?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We both ride mountain bikes and have not been for 6 months due to fear. He has said that I have stolen a bike and the police will be contacted if I go to the bike parks

Yes of course.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for the information so far

Happy to help.

Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
what about the bike parks extending me further distress?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
May I ask how much it visits to complete the injunction N16A at either of the courts

Generally, There's is no fee when you apply.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you Martin. Are you able to give a breakdown of costs after the allocation?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Application*
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Apologies my predictive keeps jumping in

Unfortunately here on the platform we are unable to accept formal instructions to act. I am able to guide on how to locate a local solicitor who will be able to provide a quote. Would you like the details?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please

You can find a local solicitor via the following link: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

In the website above, there is a drop-down menu for "Your Legal Issue". You can also input your postcode, town, or city, so you can locate a solicitor near your area.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you Martin. May I ask what sort of specialism I need. Would it be family and relationships or crime perhaps? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Yes indeed - Family law.  Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you Martin
No problem. I'm glad to help.