Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Car insurance related question I need to place my car out of

Car insurance related questionI need to place my car out of circulation (SORN) what will happen with the insurance? I understand I don’t need it, will they accept me to pause it or cancel it? Thanks

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Ed I am looking for the different plans and I can’t find them? Where do I look for the premium service? Thanks
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ps. Sorry to ask this kind of question

This is a matter between you and your motor insurer. However, declaring your car as SORN will not automatically cancel your insurance policy. You must notify your insurer that the car is officially off the road and either cancel or suspend your policy. The insurer may levy a cancel fee or require you to pay the balance of your annual premium. You should check your policy wording and consult with your insurer.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations. Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

I can also offer a Premium Service Consultation for an additional fee if you need detailed and bespoke legal advice. If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and phone number. I can review any relevant documentation and consult with you by telephone for around 20 minutes. This will give you a clearer picture of your legal position and your potential options for progressing the matter to the next stage.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks Ed all the best

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am delighted that you are satisfied with my reply and wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and start it with @EdTurner. I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd