Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

My landlord gave me notice that I will be evicted in 21

Customer Question

Hello, my landlord gave me notice that I will be evicted in 21 days. There is no rent arrears etc, also he didn’t gave me gas safety certificate and epc certificate
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: redditch
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I’m renting privately room since may 2021, he can’t rent rooms as nobody want to life there and he said that he want to rent house privately
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: landlord gave me notice without AST, then next day gave me AST
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Please note:-

• My replies are always in writing.

• I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to so please be patient.

• Pop up requests are generated by the website.
  • If you accept then an available expert will take your call and you will be charged extra.
  • If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services - tel: 0808(###) ###-####/a>

www.citizensadvice.org.uk

solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk;

www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can so please bear with me.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Have you been served with a section 21 notice?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s seems like section 21
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But is 21 days, and he didn’t provided gas safe certificate and EPC certificate
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When I moved in he didn’t gave me them as well
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Do you live with your landlord as a lodger and share rooms with them?

Is there a tenancy agreement in place?

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Can i see a copy of the AST also

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I collected tenancy agreement 10.06 and this notice is from 09.06
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

You paid a deposit and rent also?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I can’t send tenancy agreement in all
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have been in contact with my local council as I can’t rent anything ( landlord have agreed for pet) and they said that without gas safety certificate and epc certificate this notice is failing and he should give me 2 month notice
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Thank you.  Generally your landlord can take back their property without giving any reason if you have either a periodic tenancy, or a fixed-term tenancy that has ended.

The landlord will have to have protected your deposit with a deposit protection scheme. In addition the date you must leave must be at least 6 months after your original tenancy began - the one you had on first moving in.

They must give you written notice that they want the property back. They must give you two months notice and provide you with a date to leave.

Your landlord cannot remove you by force. If the notice period expires and you do not leave the property, your landlord may start the process of eviction through the courts.

.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

You can find confirmation if this in the government guidance and inform your landlord of the same and they have to comply with these requirements to lawfully evict you:-

https://www.gov.uk/private-renting-evictions

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

I hope this has assisted your enquiry and thank you for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.