JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

SORRY I ASK SOLICITOR WHO FILLS THE FOR ME? LONDON, CHILD

Customer Question

HELLO
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: SORRY I ASK SOLICITOR WHO FILLS THE FOR ME?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: LONDON
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: CHILD SUPPORT FORM TO FILL
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: SEND IT TO USA BY London Maintenance Enforcement Business Centre |
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
HELLO
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 17 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family law and dispute resolution so I'd be happy to offer some guidance on this matter.I'll need a little more information to fully answer your question. First and foremost, have you obtained a court order for maintenance in an English court?Even though you'll receive call offer, it is a site-generated pop-up and I can only message at this time of night. If you do want to speak to somebody before tomorrow, another expert might call depending on availability.Thanks, J
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for the reply back
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not English court it made in Mongolia
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i live in London with 2 kids then my x husband lives in Chigaco, USA
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is that possible to get service by London Maintenance Enforcement Business Centre as they sent me some forms to fill
Hello again and thanks for your replies. Are you permanently resident in England now?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
we live here
Do you have uk citizenship?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am waiting to have my tier 2 skilled worker visa for 5 years after i was student here last 3 years. is that ok for us? after 5 years we are going to apply indefinite resident visa
My concern is that the original order was made by a Mongolian Court. There is no reciprocal agreement for child maintenance between Mongolia and the USA. Have you spoken to anybody at the MEBC?Potentially, if the MEBC cannot deal with the matter, you would have to make an application to an English court under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 for financial provision. The MEBC could enforce a Schedule 1 order in the USA through the standard REMO (Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders) procedure.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i have no idea. Can you help me to submit application form to English court to enforce by MEBC to USA
of course I will. It will have to wait until tomorrow morning but would you be so kind as to upload the form using the paperclip icon underneath your chat box. Thanks, J
I'll have a look at the form the MEBC have sent you first.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (L5MGVQV)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much have a look it as i sent it
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
also what should i do submit application form to English court ? how i find form ? but have translated my court decision here
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello, Have you looked forms yet please?
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
I have looked at the forms and the guidance for child maintenance decisions made in non-REMO countries. I understand that Mongolia cannot enforce a child maintenance decision in the USA via REMO. This means that you will almost certainly need to obtain a financial provision order for your child through the English courts.
Once you obtain that order
You can enforce it in the USA using the REMO procedure.
To make the application, you need to complete Form A1. I'll attach the (cut and paste) link here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-a1-notice-of-intention-to-proceed-with-an-application-for-a-financial-remedy-other-than-a-financial-order-in-the-county-or-high-court
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. It is difficult to fill ? Can you help me please?
I'd be happy to help. Have you had a look at it?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
yeah i just looked it. How can we fill it? where you based?
I'm very happy to help you fill it online. Obviously, the personal details are easy enough to complete. I also recommend obtaining a certified translation of the Mongolian Court order for child maintenance as well.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (3S214PT)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
here is court decision
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
Hello again. Thank you for sending me the Mongolian Court decision. You will have to go through the Schedule 1 procedure using Form A1.
I'll just run through it giving you some information on how to complete it.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Other pages to complete
Next one
this one
Finally, you sign and date it on the back pages before sending 3 copies to the court together with copies of the Mongolian order and translation.The court will list the matter for a hearing. They will send a copy of the hearing notice to your husband. He may be able to join thr hearing by video link. If he doesn't, the court will likely make the order after hearing from you. You'll receive a sealed/stamped copy of the court order and send that off to the London MEBC. They'll do the rest.
I believe that answers your question. If you have any further questions, please start a new thread and mark the question FAO JeremyT1020. I'll be automatically notified and answer your question ASAP.In the meantime, thank you for your question and for using Just Answer.
Best wishes, J
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much. I will try to fill the form as you instructed