TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I returned my AirPods to a nearby Amazon locker since I no

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I returned my AirPods to a nearby Amazon locker since I no longer wanted it…it was an unopened and unused product…I dropped it off at an Amazon locker on the 13/03/22 at 8:14pm…today it is the 20 th of June so it’s been a month but still when I track my return/Refund status it says that amazon still hasn’t recovered the parcel yet and so I’m just a bit worried…the Amazon locker is located at the entrance of a premier inn hotel…I spoke with the manager on (2/6/22) and she had told me that Amazon actually rents out those lockers so the hotel themselves don’t have anything to do with them…they don’t know when and what time the delivery person will come and collect those parcels since that’s not part of their job…she told me to contact Amazon themselves…I had been warned that after posting my package into the locker that I would not receive any sort of receipt or confirmation so I have video footage of me posting my parcel into the locker as proof.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Croydon, London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I don’t know what to do now since both companies are not taking any responsibility…could you pls guide me as to what to do next
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NoCustomer: Chat is completed
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I will try to assist with your query.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

Could you clarify when did you drop the item at the locker? You say 13 March but then you say it's been one month in June.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

Anyway, whatever the date, you should chat with Amazon via your account to explain the issue.

The agent in the chat may send you an email to which you can reply attaching the video you took when you dropped the returned item in the locker.

If Amazon objects anything about the timing of the return, you should say that the metadata in the video include also when the video was taken.

I hope this will bring to the return process completion and to the refund.

You should also ask Amazon for some form of compensation/goodwill gesture for the delay.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.

Regards.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have sent video to agents many times but completely got ignored.Also sorry for date.
I would like to clarify.
I placed it in locker on 13 March and now it's more than a month
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what can be done now
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

I have already closed this conversation but I will provide you with a quick response.

How did you raise your complaint with Amazon? Can you post here the link to the page you used to do that?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.

Amazon may reject a complaint, but "ignoring" it is not what normally happens. They process many complaints, and follow rules in doing it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I spoke with Amazon agent over phone and also had email conversation.
I ll attach those now
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Here is the video of me dropping the product inside locker
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
One the product is kept inside the locker it can only be opened by Amazon agent.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have kept the product inside locker and even took a video of it.
I got a response that Amazon didn't receive the product
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (5QTGV33)
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.
Amazon did not "ignore" your claim, they rejected it.

Anyway, the fact that there is no receipt for the drop off at the locker is a known issue.

You should file a formal complaint to Amazon, saying that you sent them evidence - the video - that you put the item in the locker and you closed the door of the locker, therefore you cannot be responsible for them not collecting the item or losing it.

You may try to reply to their last email or to chat again with them.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I find that ODR is not applicable in UK.
What are the other alternatives available?Sorry if I am wrong factually
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there any alternative available
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 16 days ago.
Hello.

I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding based on the categorisation of the question.

It appears you are contacting Just Answer from India?

Also, this conversation had been closed before you posted again here.

I have to ask you to kindly open a new question, clarifying on which Amazon's website and from where you made the order for which you subsequently asked for the refund and who is the seller of the item and where the selling business is based.

If you open a new question, you may also put my name at the beginning of it and it will be addressed to me.

Thank you very much.