Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I need some advice on a property I'm looking at? I'm looking

Customer Question

I need some advice on a property I'm looking at? I'm looking at buying a space of land which is 11 acres that is currently registered and being used as a Horse Riding School. It has stables, pastures and riding arenas etc. I however am not using it as a Horse Riding School and it will be for my sole use for my horse and other farm animals pig's, goats, sheep chickens etc. Do I need to change the use of the land at all and if so how do I do that? Or can I just use it as I please even though its registered as a riding school?Thank you
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 14 days ago.

A very good morning n to you there, how do you do? 

I am SolicitorAll a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you this morning.Thank you for the inquiry

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

First of all, thank you for the update. Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this morning . Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your patience. If it’s already registered as agricultural land then no there is no need to apply for change of use.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to clarify anything and to guide further should you return. All the best,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The land is on a corner of a road and the fence that is currently there are low open fences so very public are there any rules on me taking all the old fencing out and replacing with higher fencing? And changing the entrance gate aswell so it's more private? I can share screenshots if you need a visual of fencing thanks

If you can share the images that would be of great help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay let me just get them for you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (QQ747G2)

Thank you for your patience. If it is classed as agricultural land you cant put a solid fence, you will have stock fence and in terms of height it cannot be above 2 metres. The current plan will normally specify what can and what cannot be installed,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okaies thank you, I'm also wanting to knock down all the sheds, barns and stables and start again so layout will change slightly will I need building permission to do this?

If you are going to build permanent structures with brick and mortar then you are going to need permission to do so, It is different if you were just refurbishing an existing shed.