12826847

After being in custody for 24hours and received MG4

Hello, after being in custody for 24hours and received MG4 Magistrate Court date,. Do I have to attend the court? Or can ignore, and coonunicate by pos with the police and the court? Uk
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.

Can you give me all the background to this matter please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The situation with British Gas agent. With police supervise, forcely tried to change my property meters located outside. They showed me a warrant without any signature.
Managed to change gas meter then without permission one of the british gas agent grabbed the meter and my mum rushed to take it back, the guy fell of the grass and police officer took my mum from my property where we live together. It was just civil matter conflict. No one injured. No she has mg4 charge because the guy reported as assault.. My mum has a report from GP, bruised done by police officer while she was taken from outside house and force while in custody. I do hope i explained clearly..

So basically, they enforce a gas warrant?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
On 31st of May they come with 2 wattants, gas and electricity, because my mum was arrested they left electriciry meter untouched. However on 16th of June, last Thursday they come and changed electricity one, again with police officer. I was disconnected by them, yesterday managed to get power back. But the thing is police and BV agents work together, do not know plans for my mum, she s done nothing, saving her private property from public(police officers, British Gas agents total 5 men,against 2 women (me and my mum) with children at the property

Ok, so what are you hoping to do about t his?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do not know. Want my mum to be free from accusations.
I feel if she appears at the court, will be in trouble. We cannot get urgent advise from legal advisers..
I guess i could sue British Gas company, however want to live in peace with my small kids applying for universal credit to pay all debts for utility bills..
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
However she is threatened by the police if she wont appear, will be arrested again. Is this possible please???

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

It is difficult to tell what has happened here. If this is a gas warrant then she would not normally be arrested. They would just deal with it in absence. If it is any other warrant then they could arrest her if she doesn't attend.

I'm afraid accusation free is not possible. She has to deal with this.

If you can provide more information I could probably offer more

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Jo, i found out more info. I contacted BG and they say will put gas meter in and reconnect me once I pay they believe I own £1080. When i ask them to send me by post all calculated cost, bill plus copy of warrants. They refuse. What should I do? I feel blackmailed. Never ask about my circumstances. My kids without hot water, gas.. I need advice on this please

you don't really have too many other options but to consent.

They have a warrant against you, and this sum of money is clearly due.