Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We have just responded to a ccj claim form by a previous

Customer Question

We have just responded to a ccj claim form by a previous buyer of one of our rental properties. It may go to court am I likely to need a solicitor?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Crewe, Cheshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just filled in the form unable to send documents to prove claimant is lying
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is claiming rent for the property as well but she pulled out of the deal
Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I confirm the amount roughly that has been claimed against you please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
163;1800
Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

thank you. This would be a matter that would be dealt with by the small claims track of the County Court in which it is not possible to recover legal costs in the main which is intended to encourage the parties to resolve matters without recourse to representation. As such, the rules and procedures of the small claims track are deliberately designed to be straightforward so as not to require representation. Judges are used to dealing with litigants in person and make allowances for an assumption that litigants will not have a detailed legal knowledge though that is not to suggest that judges will not still expect parties to be well prepared in terms of having the facts and information readily to hand.

Securing representation is likely to be disproportionately costly given the amount involved in any event

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for that
Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.