Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a question related to a job contract I have been

Hello, my name is***** have a question related to a job contract I have been offered.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, East Grinstead
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

I understand your query relates to a contract you have for a new job offer. Please provide me with some more details of your situation.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have been offered a job by a company. We have agreed through the interview to start in three months' time. They sent me the electronic documents to sign. I want to sign to secure the job. My question is, would I be able to drop the offer (after signing the papers) if something happens and I change my mind in the meantime (I mean within this 3 month period before the start date of the contract)?
I understand you are wanting to know whether there would any implications for terminating a contract of employment prior to the official start date and following acceptance of a formal offer. Can I just check why the employer has agreed to wait 3 months before you start?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am currently employed by another company and as per my current contract, I will need to give three months notice.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now. I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day and the system will notify you when this happens.

I should also make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I will be dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello Ben. I was on a call with one of your colleagues. I had a word with him and he provided with most of the information needed. Ha also advised me to send over the copies of job contract and offer documents so you could scan through and get back to me with any concerns raised.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would that be Ok with you?
Hi if you need to know anything specific about these documents please attach them with the questions about them. Thanks
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello again, I have attached both documents for you to check
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would appreciate if you could check and let me know if you find something related to legal binds of mine if signing the contracts and then dropping the offer at some point later on...say in one month's notice for example
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much for this

Thank you. Just one thing to clarify though – as a basic chat service, we only cover basic Q&As on here – any additional services like phone calls or checking documentation is a premium service and charged extra. As you can only request pone premium service per question, you have already used that one up with the phone call. Therefore, if you need me to check documentation I need to quote for a new premium service, which I cannot do on this question so you would need to start a new one for my attention please and we can take it from there. Just post it as the first one but start it with the phrase ‘For Ben Jones’ – hope this all makes sense, thanks