MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I’m farhana yesterday I received a letter from HMRC for tax

Customer Question

Hi , I’m farhana yesterday I received a letter from HMRC for tax code notice can you explain me what is tax code notice means
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I lives in Bristol, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I did not take any step yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I join a new job . Few days ago . And that tax code notice is related to this
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 15 days ago.
Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. Your tax code is used by the company to primarily work out your Income tax whenever this changes HMRC will write to you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do I need to do anything about it. Do I need to pay any tax . Is it serious issue to be think
Are you employed under a contract of employment?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did not sign any contract. I just join and I said I can work this hours.
Thank you for the clarification if you are employed under a contract of employment, the employer will pay your income tax under the PAYE scheme. It is worth double checking with the company as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay I will check today. Is it possible you check this letter

When you get payslip you need to check, that your payslip code matches the tax code.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay . What else I need to do right now

You do not need to do anything for the moment.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay . Thank you so much for your advice.
One more advice I need is it possible

Glad to be off assistance, what is your further query?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Someone is blackmailing for money and sending me text . I blocked the number but now he made a Facebook account by my name and sending texts to my family members, friends. I tried to contact with police but he doesn’t live in the uk so that’s why police is denied to help. Now they told me to contact with France police as he lives in France. But I tried I’m not able to . Now it’s become a serious issue that’s even his family member are threatening my family and me .

Thank you for the clarification, as this is a totally separate matter you would need to set this up as a new question as this is outside the scope of my expertise.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh okay. Thank you for letting me know

happy to help.