Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Just want to ask you if I can refuse to come for the second

Customer Question

Hi, just want to ask you if I can refuse to come for the second investigation meeting and let employees make decisions with out my self?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Heathrow Airport
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: no steps only had first investigation meeting
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: can I reply to the manager and says that I mention everything on the first investigation meeting and I am on stress and to come again it’s very stressful
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

I understand you are wanting to know whether you can refuse to attend a second investigation meeting with your employer. Please provide some more details of the circumstances and your involvement in the investigation so that I can better understand and assist you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, I am Andy, yes not a problem
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Thank you Andy.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What kind of information you need
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

I have posted this twice already but you might have missed it so here it is again...

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with some general information on this topic. Hopefully, it will still be useful to you. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

Whilst you cannot be forced to attend the second investigatory meeting, you have to be aware that there may still be some new questions that the employer may need to ask you and you not being there could mean the employer does not have the accurate information. Therefore, if they do not have the correct information, thy could end up making the incorrect decision by using such data. If that is a risk you are willing to take, you can advise the employer that you cannot attend the investigatory meeting and ask them to tell you what questions they wanted to ask, allowing you to submit your replies in writing instead.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.