12826847

I have a question about my friend.He has 9 points for

Customer Question

I have a question about my friend.He has 9 points for driving car without belts.It was happend last year.This year he start working as a delivery driver. Last months it happened to him again.Police not with no belts. Situation looks like he goona lost his driving licence. The problem is he is working as a delivert driver and in small village when he is living now there is no much chance to find a different job. Is there any chance to help him?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Irthlingborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Im not sure what you mean?

Why can't he work?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
He is working now as a driver.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

And so why can't he?

he's on 9 points?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am sorry for my english.I will try to explain. My friend has from last year 9 points.Last month unfortunately the camera caught him without belts.They said also that it was mobile phone in his hand,but it was the device that he user for his work. I understand that it is his mistake that he was without the belts.There is big problem because he is living in small village and if he goona lost his job as a delivery driver without car licence he doesn't has a lot of chance for another job.Is there any chance to help him?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

So you mean he has 9 points and is facing a seat belt offence?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I think he has 9 points for a lack of seatbelts from last year but last month he got more points.I am afraid he is over limit now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

If he is at 12 or more points than he is at risk of a ban for totting.

But would last six months.

The only way to avoid it is either not get 12 points or argued successfully that you will suffer exceptional hardship in court. That is a fairly high test. Loss of job alone is not usually adequate.But it is an option open to him.

If he has had 12 points without his knowledge though then he is probably banned already and should check that before driving again

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,