Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

My father who was a British Citizen and worked at Ealing

Customer Question

My father who was a British Citizen and worked at Ealing Borough Council before he retired but has left his British Passport to lapse. Can he return to United Kingdom to live with myself and my husband at my address. He is now residing in Sri Lanka and has dual nationality.
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this? What country does he live in?
Customer: Sri Lanka
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No he has not spoken to a lawyer
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Vineet?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Hi there,

If your father is a British , then he can renew his British passport and travel back to the UK on it.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

He need to have a valid UK passport to enter back into the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He is 84 and is too frail to apply himself
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

He can take assistance of legal professional to apply for him.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Kindly note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, not a substitution to full legal services. just answer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed. Legal representation in contentious or non-contentious form is not possible on Just Answers.

For Legal representation, you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can further assist you via this online chat.