Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I wanted to go to switzerland i deposit 100 ponds to my

Customer Question

i wanted to go to switzerland i deposit 100 ponds to my local travel agent due to circumstances i cant go agent say i have to pay 1,000 .50 cnacelation fee
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london kingsbury
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: she said i send them email and explain them which i did so far i reply i also ask if the give the voucher so i can use it next time
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she said i have to pay cancelation fee which i mention th amount and also holiday in august
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

1. I'm sorry to read of the above. May I confirm if you have travel insurance please?
  2. very briefly, what is the reason you are no longer able to travel?
  3. May I clarify the amount the agencies claiming you owe if you cancel? Is it the full cost of the holiday or 50% of the cost or something else?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
family member ill in Amercia and do not have travel insurance it was going to have near the time
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry to read of the above.

May I clarify the amount the agency is claiming you owe if you cancel? Is it the full cost of the holiday or 50% of the cost or something else?

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms the starting point would be that you would need to check the terms of your booking contract with the agency in order to ascertain whether you have any right to either cancel the booking or rearrange it. Different bookings are arranged with different terms as such, it is not possible to be prescriptive as regards ***** ***** terms of this particular booking would be.

Normally you have a right to cancel a booking subject to a cancellation charge which will gradually increase up to and including 100% the nearer you get to the departure  date. It may therefore be that you are able to cancel the booking subject to a cancellation fee. Alternatively, it may be that you are able to rearrange the dates of travel subject to a feel without penalty

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.