MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I'm a British citizen and got married in my home country of

Customer Question

hi,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm a British citizen and got married in my home country of Guyana, My wife who lives in Guyana wants to come over for a visit. How do I proceed?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am recently divorced and live in the UK in the same house with my ex-wife until we sort out financial separation.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, I presently live in the same house with my ex-wife to whom I got married to in the UK. The house which is jointly owned has not been decided upon as yet.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no I'll continue here..
If your wife in Guyana would like to visit the UK, she can apply for a visit visa. Since you're looking to make a short-term stay in the UK, then the standard visitor visa is the visa she will need to apply for. 

This visa allows your wife to travel for a short-term stay of up to six months and can be used for leisure and business, among other reasons.

To qualify for this visa, your wife needs to prove that:

• She has full intention to leave the UK at the end of her visit and does not plan to stay for longer than six months.
  • She has evidence of any activities she intends to perform while in the UK, including business and other activities.
  • She can afford her inward and outward journey including flights.
  • She has access to sufficient funds to support and house herself and any dependents throughout her stay without accessing public funds.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She has to supply evidence of access to funds to house herself in the UK?
Can she place me as her supporter in the UK?
Can we confirm our marriage done in Guyana in the UK, whilst she is over here?

Yes, she needs to supply evidence of sufficient funds. Yes, you can sponsor her travel.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I apply for the visa from here?
Can she show this by the funds in her bank account in Guyana?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How does she prove the she has full intention to leave the UK at the end of her visit
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Yes, you may apply for the visitor visa on their behalf.

The main way to demonstrate a genuine intention to leave the UK at the end of the visit will be through demonstrating that an applicant has strong ties to another country and will therefore return to this country at the end of their visit to the UK.

To substantiate her professional roots in her home country, she can use the following evidence:

• Statement from employer specifying her job duties, length of employment, and salary.
  • Letter written by employer giving her permission to take paid time off.
  • Pay stubs, or other documentation proving her income.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I'm sponsoring her visit does she still need to provide this, to prove she has strong ties to her country? I'm a British Citizen. She is also self employed in Guyana.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

I will answer your questions in turn. 
1. Yes

2. Yes.