Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Two executors refuse to issue an inventory or accounts to

Two executors refuse to issue an inventory or accounts to myself and my sisters
JA: Where are you and your sisters/the executors? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you and your sisters/the executors taken so far?
Customer: We have written to them but they fail to respond
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: In March 2020 I entered a Caveat solely to protect my Mums accounts, I was sent a warning by one of the executors,I then made an appearance which then lead to the Caveat being made permanent

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Who are the executors and why were they chosen?

what is that they arent doing?

all background information necessary please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They are my two brothers,one of which used my Mum's accounts as his own, I notified the other executor of what was going on but he sat back and did nothing. I've written numerous times asking for detailed information for inventories and accounts but as I have already stated they have refused,it would show the severity of theft

Thank you. You cannot beat the executors with a blunt instrument until they let you have the estate account and your only remedy is to breach them up with the threat and ultimate court application.

It is often the case that a robustly worded letter from a/your solicitor threatening a court application and an application for costs, may resolve the issue without the need to go as far as court.

On your house insurance you may have legal expenses cover that would pay for the legal cost so it’s worthwhile checking. Some do and some don't.

The threat would be a court application to have them removed and replaced or if they have this information and are just not parting with it, you can make an application for “specific performance” or “pre-action disclosure” to compel them to give you the information.

It seems highly likely that if they are not giving you the accounts they are trying to hide something. That backs up what I said about one of your brothers using your mother’s account as his own.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for the advice,I appreciate your help but I won't need any further assistance

I am glad to help.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Stuart