Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have been left a third share of a building in a will. The

I have been left a third share of a building in a will. The house is to be sold for 310,000 but will the cost of the freehold and estate agents fees be taken from my share before I receive my third share. There are also bequests within the will how does that affect me.
JA: Estate laws vary by location. Where are you located?
Customer: fuerteventura my father recently passed away in the U.K.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have my mothers will leaving me a third share of house and my stepfather will with me as first bequest to leave me third share of building along with £2000 cash however I feel the executor may well distribute the will herself and I need to know my legal position as I am so far away
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Being a novice I don’t think so until I speak with you.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

How may I assist in relation to the above please? I believe you seek to understand how any other bequests made in your mother's will may affect your entitlement. Is that correct please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No it’s my stepfather will
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will wait for the solicitor to call me

thank you for the clarification. Do you have a specific question or questions you would like me to address on the above? You mention for example in your initial question that you wonder how certain other bequests may affect you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have received my phone call thank you please cancell my account with you I do not need any further information

I am sorry I missed your request for a phone call which I note was picked up by one of my colleagues with whom I am glad have had a productive conversation

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.