Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have a question about pulling out of a contract,

Customer Question

I have a question about pulling out of a contract
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: RIPPONDEN
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ADVISED THAT THE CHANGES CANNOT BE DONE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NOT REALLY
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

May I confirm the nature of the contract in question and the reason or reasons you are seeking to repudiate it please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

do you have any further information available in respect of the above please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms in order to repudiate a contract it is necessary to show a breach of sufficient severity so as to constitute a breach as to essence of contract. Without knowing a little more detail as regards ***** ***** of the contract and the nature of the breach, it is difficult to say whether whatever breach is extant, would give rise to a right to repudiate the agreement altogether.

If it is then a right of repudiation would normally arise and can be exercised by way of notice. If it is not, then a right to repudiate may not exist but there may still be a right to claim damages

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.