MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I’ve been arrested and want to know what I’m looking at

I’ve been arrested and want to know what I’m looking at regarding my time and sentencing, I was charge with a drink driving offence, no 3rd party insurance and driving on a provisional without someone in the car with me
JA: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?
Customer: drink driving
JA: Where did the drunk driving occur?
Customer: Bracknell
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: driving without a proper license and no 3rd party insurance

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I ran from the scene and also was almost 3 times the legal limit

I see. Given your offences, and if you have no previous convictions for drink-driving-related offences and you have not been disqualified in the last two years, your sentence could range from a fine to six months in prison. This will largely depend on the concentration of alcohol in your body.

In most cases, your sentence may be increased if:

• You have a previous conviction for a similar offence
  • You were drunk driving whilst on bail
  • You have failed to comply with a current court order
  • You were driving large or heavy goods or passenger service vehicle
  • The road or weather conditions were poor
  • You had passengers in your vehicle
  • You were driving for hire
  • There is evidence that you were driving to an unacceptable standard
  • You were involved in an accident
  • There was a high level of traffic or pedestrians in the area at the time you were driving

However, your sentence may be decreased if:

• You have no previous convictions
  • You were driving in a genuine emergency that did not amount to special reasons
  • You did not drive very far
  • You have shown remorse
  • You are of good character
  • You are the sole or primary carer for dependant relatives

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct? 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay, I was driving a Citroen relay at the end of the night, a large goods vehicle that didn’t have anything in it.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have pleaded guilty to all offences as I’m completely remorseful and understand the crimes I have committed.

Yes, I understand. Your sentence may be reduced especially since you plead guilty to all of your offences.