How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32218
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

What can I do about a neighbour parking between two dropped

Customer Question

Hi, What can I do about a neighbour parking between two dropped kerbs which is very tight
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pearl, I'm in Birmingham UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet but its becoming the norm
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all I guess for now
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

May I confirm if the car is parked in such a way so that no part of the car is parked over any part of the dropped curb including the transition pieces please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
probably 10cm over the dropped kerb
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cannot afford the £44 so prefer to chat
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

thank you. It is an offence to park a vehicle over any element of a dropped curb which includes the transition pieces. As such, in principle you can make a report to either the local authority's highways department who can issue a ticket on and the occurrence of such parking or to the extent the way in which the vehicle is parked prevents you accessing the road from your property, you could also make a report to the police which has the power to remove the vehicle which is impeding access onto the public highway.

The extent to which either the local authority or police may be willing to assist with regards ***** ***** above is likely to differ depending upon the area you live in but most local authorities will be willing to force parking regulations if for no other reason on grounds of self-interest that it provides them with income by way of fines

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you. Does that include any part of a rounded transition kerb as opposed to a straight in-line transition piece?
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

any part of the curb which is a transition piece as between the standard curb and the extent of curb which is dropped for vehicle access constitutes a dropped curb transition. I'm not aware of the distinction as regards ***** ***** transition

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. All is good for now and will see how the situation progresses. Many thanks for your advice.
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.