MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Whilst being on sick leave do i have to continue attending

Customer Question

whilst being on sick leave do i have to continue attending meeting at the job center for search for work
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: universal credit told me to go to the job center whilst i am on sick leave
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Universal Credit is a financial assistance program. In exchange, depending on your circumstances, you will be expected to do various things.

Once you are preparing for work, moving into work, or wanting to boost your earnings, you will normally be assigned a job coach through Universal Credit. Depending on your circumstances, they may continue to offer assistance and advise after you start working. Attending visits with your work coach will be included if you are able to prepare or look for work. These can be conducted over the phone, via video chat, or in-person at a Jobcentre.

It is critical that you attend your appointment, regardless of how it is scheduled. Your Universal Credit payments will be affected if you are invited to attend an appointment but do not show up without a valid cause. If you are unable to attend for whatever reason, you should contact Universal Credit as soon as possible.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am still employed but i have been on sick leave for34 weeks. I am waiting for knee surgery.

Yes, I understand. That is indeed a valid cause. In that case, I would advise you to contact Universal Credit if you cannot attend the Job Center.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.