How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4706
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I would like to asked a question, my father and I bought a

This answer was rated:

Hello I would like to asked a question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: my father and I bought a campsite and a bed and breakfast together cornwall pl268yh
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ello my father and I bought a Campsite and a bed and breakfast together, we bought own half of the property but he took me to court saying that the first year that we took over the property he had spent £90,000.00 the judge awarded him £68,000.00 we were partners at the time, he also bought £20,000.00 worth of solar panels that he has been receiving the money from the energy that the solar panels produced, I haven’t benefited from them at all.
We want to sell the property now so we put the property for sale for £725,000.00 we found a buyer that offered more then the asking price £730,000.00 but my father did not accept the offer as he said that he also wants this buyer to pay £730,000.00 plus £20,000.00 from the solar panels. I did accept the offer but now my father is taking me to court again saying that I did not cooperate because I should have deducted the £20,000.00 from the solar panels from my half of the sale in order for us the sale the property.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m entitled to half of this solar panels?

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. This really is not at all straightforward. If the solar panels are accepted as part of the house, then it would not be billed separately and would be treated with as part of the house sale. In the circumstance you would both benefit equally from this

If however it is viewed as separate to the house, then he having purchased the panel would be entitled to the cost of this separately, he having purchased the panel. It really depends on how the house is being sold and whether this is being priced separately. In my experience it would be viewed as part of the house and not billed separately.

This really is an unfortunate switching and really should not be the subject of litigation. I recommend seeing whether this could be resolved via some form of mediation.

I am unfortunately unable to give a more definitive answer as this boils down to how the solar panel is being held and whether it is deemed to be separate to the house.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My mother has a Visa for 6 months she is in the UK right now with me, she has very bad hands, feet and toes with arthritis rheumatoid, she needs help getting dressed and taking her clothes off. Cooking, walking, showering ej. The thing is my mother is 75 years old unemployed, no pension my sister and I live in the UK and we have supported her for the last 10 years with money to live in El Salvador. But now we have realised that she can live on her own in El Salvador anymore as she doesn't have a house to live or any family member as my father died 20 years ago. What application can we make for her to stay in the UK? And how long will the extension for her to stayed will last?

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. We do kindly ask that customers post any related follow up queries within 3 days of submitting their original question. After that time, if you need further support, we would request that a new question is posted as we cannot offer indefinite assistance under one query. If you need any further help on this matter please post it as a new question on our site and either I, or a colleague, will help you. Many thanks

ReadyLaw and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you