How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6175
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

London, waiting to go court, My wife run away with my edelst

This answer was rated:

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: waiting to go court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My wife run away with my edelst son and leave me with young one

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is ***** ***** I am going to see if I can assist with your query. Let me just read your first post. I may need to ask you additional questions after I have read it, and if I do, they will appear below. It is important you answer all the questions I ask, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am fine. My wife run away with my eldest son and left me with young one, i did apply for the court to get child protection order
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
lets chat

How old are the children?

Why did she run away?

Do you know where she has gone?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
10 and nearly 4 years, the reason i don't know but i guess domestic violence. she moves to Croydon
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She told me that day that she is going to the bank

Is she alleging abuse from you against the older child?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no against her, but it's false allegation, what she wanted is to have her own place to leave and benefit

Right, so what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Now my eldest son run away from her and live with me, now i have both kids with me. But the problem is that she she want to meet and see the kids, but i am worried she might try to make plane B

She is entitled to spend time with the children, so you should not stop her from doing that.

However if you think she will snatch them, then you can make an application to court for a child arrangements order for the children to live with you.  You can do so on form C100, cost is £232.

Until you apply you and she both have the same parental responsibility, so either of you can have the children living with you, or collect them from school for example and take them home.

You might also want to consider making a prohibited steps order (PSO) application to prevent her taking the children from your care or from their school/nursery - but once you make an application to court she is likely to raise her allegations.  The PSO can be applied for on the same C100 form.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have already apply for child arrangement order C100, i am waiting for the court hearing
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
plus PSO application
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what shall i do now?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you there?

When did you apply?

Have you heard from CAFCASS yet?

Can I clarify anything further for you?

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I Don't hear from CAFCASS yet, but I got a reference number

That's good. The next step is cafcass will contact both you and the mother and take info from you both and do background checks with police and social services and then report to the court in time for the first hearing.

At the first hearing the judge will decide if he/she needs more information and will direct you to file witness statements.

So it is a matter of waiting for the call from cafcass and then attending the hearing.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to cancel my membership. Please
Please contact customer services with queries regarding site finances/phone calls etc. as I have no control over them.  You can call:  United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####  Ireland 1800 760 906
Or you can also chat live with them or email here:

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting ForCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA!

All the best!