How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GabrielP428 Your Own Question
GabrielP428, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 392
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
GabrielP428 is online now

Just want to hear how a person from Denmark with Danish

This answer was rated:

Hello, just want to hear how a young person from Denmark with Danish citizenship can come to the UK to work for a a year or so while this person is on gap year?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet as the young person just wants some legal help on how to start the process. No steps have been taken so far
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I haven't talked to an immigration lawyer. My friend from Denmark just wanted to hear if I knew how he can do this on a gap year. I had no idea as I know its the new point system that applies but for a person who wants to come and work for a year..that is not categorised under the new point system
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes how much does it cost to get some legal guidance on how to guide this young guy from Denmark?

Hi, my name is***** am a solicitor in England and Wales with 9 years of experience and have worked in the legal sector since 2008.

This service is not instant, so please note that I cannot always reply immediately due to other work commitments. I look forward to helping you with your legal problem.

If you would like a call to discuss this further, please let me know

A call is a premium service that includes an extra charge.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Gabriel,Thank you for your reply. I just need some help of how to guide my Danish friend whose on a gap year and wants to come London to work for a year's time. Not sure how he can come with the new rules with the point system as my friends wants to come and work as a fun thing to try while he is on gap year.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please guide me on what steps my Danish friend should take to be able to come to London and live and work here for a short period of time (1-2 years) and what is his best chances to get permission for that.

Thank you I will reply shortly

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.I would like to stay a member here with a monthly membership if I feel this has been very helpful and could be useful for me in the future ad well as I deal with a lots of legal question from Denmark.

He will need to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa

He needs to have met the following criteria for a skilled worker visa application to be successful:

  •  Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
  • Must already have a valid job offer from an employer who’s approved by the Home Office. The job should be on the Home Office’s list of eligible occupations.
  • Your future employer must issue you with a ‘certificate of sponsorship.’
  • They must also tell him an expected salary, one that is approved and within the Home Office’s minimum salary scale.

Applicants who are applying from overseas must apply an online application form which can be accessed via of the Home Office’s guidance. 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he can only come and work in London if starts applying for jobs and get an actual job offer while he still is in Denmark?

That is correct unless he comes as a tourist and finds a job online with a company outside the UK.

The application is processed relatively quick once he finds a job in the UK and meets the criteria.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you please explain a little bit more how he can stay and work in the UK if the job is online and company outside the UK? How would that allow him to stay here for work when company is outside the UK?

-He will be here on a tourist visa.

-He doesn't work for a company in the UK.

-He gets paid by a company which is not registered in the UK.

-He does need a working visa.

It was only a suggestion to get around the long work visa process. It is possible if he finds a job online with a Denish company, for example.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That is a good suggestion as would much quicker and easier as he wants to come this summer. You wrote "he does need a working visa" but didn't you just say he can come as a tourist which doesn't require visa

Sorry, it's typing error. He does not need a working visa if he decides to use this route.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay it makes sense now. So the way I understand it, he can come as a tourist and then while he is here, he finds the job within 6 months which is the time he can stay maximum in the UK without a visa, then he apply to work and stay here in the UK because he found a job online with a company outside the UK? If that is correctly understood, where does he needs to apply for and is it a work visa he applies for while he is in the UK as a tourist? What are the criterias that he needs to meet to get this application processed relatively quick?

If he works for a non-UK company, he won't need a skilled worker visa company.

He can be here as a tourist for six months.

He will need to go back to Denmark after six months and then return to the UK.

If he finds a job in the UK with UK based-company, he will need to apply for a work visa while he is in the UK as tourist.

So you are correct.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay got you. What are the practical steps in applying the work visa if he finds a job with a UK based company. Where does he apply and what type of visa it it that he needs to apply for?

He can apply here from inside the UK

Or the link I have sent you above from outside the UK

It is a skilled worker visa that he will need.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. If he finds a job with a UK based Company, will he be successful with his work visa if its jobs in the hospitality sector? Is there any list of approved jobs that usually is to take in order to be successful with the application of work visa?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much. Can he apply for a national insurance number while is in the UK as a tourist and before he has found the job or only be able to apply once he has found a job?

He cannot apply for NIN while on a tourist visa.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the steps to apply for NIN is after getting a job with a UK based company and while he is applying for the work visa?

He can apply for NIN Only after obtaining a working visa. He will be given a temporary number until they issue a permanent NIN.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
One last thing, while his application for a work visa is being processed, can he stay in the UK even though the tourist visa's maximum duration of stay has exceeded?
If the application is in the middle of being processed, he can stay.  They will have his passport
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thabk you so much for all your help. It was very useful and easy to understand.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will definitely return to this page again for further assistance

I hope I was able to offer some help. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread. 

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

If you have other questions, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention (GabrielP428) or choose me in the subject heading as your preferred expert from your membership page.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** definitely get back to you again in the future regarding legal assistance. It was very helpful.Have a nice evening.Best regards,Rabia Pervez

You are most welcome, Rabia.

GabrielP428 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you so much for your positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.