Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I had a insurance claim for drainage nearly two years ago

Customer Question

I had a insurance claim for drainage nearly two years ago and my claim was dismissed until financial ombudsman interviewed and insurance agreed they miss manage my claim. Even after agreeing with ombudsman to make a settlement the insurance company still haven’t offered a settlement six months after they agreed they would make an offer to settle the claim.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the uk and not yet spoke to a lawyer.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Financial ombudsman man has been involved and they got the insurance company to admit my claim was valid.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. This claim has been ongoing for nearly two years and has affected my well being and caused me stress and anxiety due to the mis management and information given by third party so called drainage experts that helped the insurance company to dismiss my claim.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 15 days ago.

A very good evening to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you this evening. Thank you for the inquiry.

Thank you for your update above, We can chat. Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this evening. Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve had an insurance claim ongoing for nearly two years that was wrongly dismissed for numerous reasons until the financial ombudsman got involved and then agreed my claim was valid but after agreeing they would make me an offer to cover the repair cost with financial ombudsman it’s been six months with no offer and really poor communication from insurance company. In this time it’s affected my mental well-being and put me in financial difficulty to cover the cost of repair.

I am very sorry to hear of your situation but there is only so much waiting you can do. You may have no option now but to pursue them in court and the admission of liability will help you immensely as the focus will be on quantum and if you have done the work already it will be a claim for reimbursment and although stress and inconvenience will be discretionary I would strongly recommend for you to claim an element of this as 2 years waiting for a resolution where you had been paying a premium for the insurance and you believed you were covered turned out to be a nightmare

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to clarify anything and to assist further if needed when you return. All the best