12826847

How much is thi plse, england, basically my partner has been

Customer Question

how much is thi plse
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: basically my partner has been senteced three years but has depression is an ex iranian vet bad asrgma breathing problems in 2020 he was drunk and weny into a store and tried rake a chocolate his other friend stole sometging and another guyt not known to us carried knife my partner has been charged alrthough it was agreed in crown court previously he did not have a knife and adult intervention was qgreed cause of mental ill health the recent judge on friday said no he did and gave him three years
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i am devastated have bad health my daughter 9 is autistic i dibr know what to say to her
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

What would you like to know please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
have u seen my message
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Yes?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Whats  your question?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry cant afford that but has he got grounds for appeal and if so how long would his sentenve be reduced do you think
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
previously it was thrown out of court that he had a knife but this judge on friday said he did he didnt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

So what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
got three years he has bad mental health issues depression hes a ex veteran
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

OK, let  me know when you have a question

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i want to know how long an appeal would take and if successful how much possible could be knocked off sentence plse
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
r u seeing my texts
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

I presume this is a robbery?

Yes, but they don't contain questions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hes been convicted
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
question 1 how long would an appeal take question 2 how much time could he get off his sentenceif successful
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

I'm afraid that there just isn't enough information here to answer either question.

As to the information that you have given me I can say this.

Our appeal would depend upon whether you are appealing sentence or conviction. Normally appeals against sentence are heardwithin six months comfortably.

As to the reduction, it's impossible to say. You haven't really even told me what the charges.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no i need more answers please hes been charged yes for robbery and yes sentencing he is appealing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

If this is a knife point robbery involving a shop assistant there is absolutely no prospect of a reduction. It is amazing that he only got three years. You need to be alive to the risk of a loss of time direction on appeal for bringing vexatious appeals which this would be

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
he didnt have aknife this was proven in court previously and thrown out
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

It wasn't thrown out.  Otherwise he couldn't have been convicted.

He's been convicted on a joint  enterprise basis.  So somebody else had the knife, which makes no difference at all.

Even a standard robbery, three  years is good.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
k the solicitor is putting a case in tomorrow for appeal as he was drunk totally at the time and had no idea what he was doing, he went in there and tried take a chocolate bar, no aggressiveness nothing on his part and it was agreed by court sentencing previously that he would be recommended for adult intervention only
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

In all honesty, you are not describing much mitigation.  Being drunk is an aggravating factor.  I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth. This is serious offending.

He may as well appeal and see what the single judge says.  That carries no risk per se

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thanks for your help, he will be appealing and fact he had a drink problem and has bad mental health due to ptsd should of been taken into acount and wasnt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Appeals to the  single judge carry no risk.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thanks im in a very difficult situation as i dont know what to say to mu daughter who adores her dad its a very difficylt situation
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Yes, I understand.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
will affect her for life if she knows the truth as she has autism sensory and anxiety already so u can see my predicament i theres a chance for appeal winning then i will try and wait and see what happens before saying anthing to her
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

All the best