Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need to remove a director that owns 10% of my UK company.

Customer Question

Hello, I need to remove a director that owns 10% of my UK company. I won 90%
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Not talked to a lawyer. I live in the UK. Question relates to the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken the the 10% shareholder, but they do not want to be removed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The original idea for the joint company has changed. It was originally meant for developing an app, but this became to expensive and I was unable to sustain it. I own all the domains, the name of the company is originally mine. I have applied for the trademark for the company under my name. Since the app is no longer feasible I have decided to use it for education purpose to teach others. I have mentioned this to the 10% shareholder but they do not want to be removed
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message I will look to assist
Just call a general meeting of shareholders and as a 90% shareholding pass a motion for their removal and then send this form to companies house: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terminate-an-appointment-of-a-director-tm01
I trust this assists

Thank you for using JustAnswer