james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am trying to help a woman who is reportedly on a mission

Hello. I am trying to help a woman who is reportedly on a mission in Syria. she recommended a lawyer that I can't check anywhere. It is said that it is a military lawyer who helps soldiers on a mission in obtaining leave and leaving Syria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live and work in the UK. and the soldier woman is in the German army. I haven't talked to anyone about this yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent 3000 pounds, I wonder about the form of delivery (in a package by post) I have to send another 1800 pounds
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: * BUREAU OF THE LAW General Council of Justice Judicial Service Administrative PowersLawyer Al - Berik Tariq Principal, This is data about a lawyer
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Very sorry to say but I have a bad feeling that you have been the victim of a scam.

This is becoming a popular way claiming to be in the armed forces and stuck in another country needing help to leave or get home.

If the person in in the German army, then the army and German government would bring her home.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is the German Army at all carrying out any peacekeeping mission in Syria?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't want to call because I don't know English well, I can write because I can help myself with Google translator

Having made checks with the German army site there is no mention of personal serving in Syria.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This lady sent me a photo of an ID card. And the supposed address in Berlin

Easily made or purchased on line.

I am advising you from experience, I see cases like this every month. They are not genuine and a scam to obtain money.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The money I already sent is irrecoverable, right?

Most likely yes. How did you send it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In the package by post, but I have photos, proof of shipment and the address to which I sent it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I also have all correspondence on whatsapp and on the e-mail of the lawyer who purports to be dealing with it. I also have a lot of photos of this lady who allegedly expects my help
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Would you undertake such a thing and if so, for how much
Sorry for the delay there was a system outage earlier.

What address did you send to?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Name: D McEvoyAddress: Flat C*****Manchester
M40 8BQ

That’s the address you sent the money to is it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Then as it is a U.K. address I would advice you contact your local police to investigate.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The police are not very equal here, especially when it comes to foreigners, they supposedly deal with them, but not effectively

If you have been a victim: of a scam only the police can resolve that.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I correspond with this lady all the time on whatsapp, because she is counting on sending the missing amount, 1800 pounds
You have to do what you feel right. I am advising this is very likely a scam. No one sends thousands in case in a package. 

If you want to risk loosing another £1800 then go ahead, I have advised. It is your decision.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm gonna drive up and check this address because I live close to Manchester. If I check, I will contact you, thanks for the advice so far
Good luck.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will I be able to ask you for advice in the future, because I will have to explain everything to someone else?

Yes, simply come back to this question and continue typing, it will come directly to me.