Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Is someone appointed me as a company director without my

Is someone appointed me as a company director without my consent , is that legal ?

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

what is the business and what is your role in it?

who appointed you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was the designer in the baby clothing business. And recently I noticed that I was appointed by my husband ( who was the director before ) as the new director of the company . But he refused to explain the reason why and I don’t actually has the access to the company . I work from home .
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We are in the stage of divorce , and what he has done confused me. I am worried that there might be lots of debts and unclear transactions going on. I have no way to figure it out now . What should I do ? Is it legal that he done this without my consent ?

I can’t think why he would do that but I would suggest that you wrote to Companies House and told them what he’s done and that you have no knowledge of this and that they should remove you immediately. They may want you to fill in the standard form depending on whether he has done this online or not.

They will come back to you and tell you what they mean.

You also need to tell him to get you removed and if he has solicitors dealing with the divorce, tell them also.

This is not something that you should have done and you need to raise this disingenuous behaviour in respect of all the other dealings in court to show that he cannot be trusted and that nothing that he says can be believed.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help .

I am so glad to help.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Stuart