Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

If I'm doing a staff party do I need to supply transport to

Customer Question

If I'm doing a staff party do I need to supply transport to get them home
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Macclesfield in the middle of the country
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to hire coaches
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just need clarification on transport
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

for the avoidance of doubt, may I clarify if you are seeking to understand if you have an obligation to arrange transport or if you have another query in relation to the same please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
correct
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

thank you. There would be no legal obligation to arrange transport to and from a staff party. This would be entirely for you to decide as regards ***** ***** the event.

On a pragmatic basis, it would of course be sensible to ensure that all staff are informed as regards ***** ***** in terms of whether they need to arrange their own transportation to and from the venue or whether any transportation will be laid on for them and if so, the arrangements thereto however there is no legal obligation to do so.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.