ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I wrote a neg review on trip advisor and owner has slandered

I wrote a neg review on trip advisor and owner has slandered me I have photo evidence of my experience
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Scotland and incident in scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Spoken with Scottish tourist office who passed complaint on to Visit Scotland. Then posted on trip advisor with photos and now I’m irate as the manager accused me in his reply accusing me of wilful damage . The cost of £246.00 per night
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: money was deducted but my issue is being slandered by this owner in print
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok will wait to hear from you

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Sorry to hear of your experience. You may decide t9 bring a claim against the company for this.

A claim for defamation rest in a statement being made about you to a third party which is untrue and which has damaged your reputation in the eyes of others. If this statement meets these elements then you would be able to make a claim against the business.

you may want to first attempt to settle things amicably with the company prior to bringing a claim. This ,at be achieved by first writing to the company and inviting them to have settlement discussions with you.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your response. I’ll take your advice and email the manager at Ledgowan Lodge and see how he responds.
You are welcome
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, I have done what you suggest. I emailed the manager of the hotel and gave him 7 days to respond. He still has 4 days to respond. What happens if he decides to ignore me

Hello, thanks for getting in touch, as I have answered your initially enquiry extensively I ask kindly that if you need any further help on this matter please post it as a new question on our site and either I, or a colleague, will help you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks for that

You are welcome

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I took your advice and emailed asking to enter negotiations. I gave 7 days to respond which are now up and I have had no response. I wish to proceed with my defamation claim. Could you please advise me how to proceed.

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. We do kindly ask that customers post any related follow up queries within 3 days of submitting their original question. After that time, if you need further support, we would request that a new question is posted as we cannot offer indefinite assistance under one query. If you need any further help on this matter please post it as a new question on our site and either I, or a colleague, will help you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry I didn’t know I had to respond within 3 days. I thought I had 1 month.

That’s fine. Kindly raise a new question for my attention or you may raise it for the attention of any of the experts here.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do I do that
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I thought that was what I had done
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I feel I’m going round in circles. I’m hitting the request me again button but then I’m being asked to raise a new question?? Help

I believe I have answered you elsewhere. Kindly respond in the new thread going forward. I only able to access the site as an expert so am unable to say what it is you are seeing. If there are any issues you may reach out to our customer services team.