Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have been in touch with you before regarding an issue

Good Morning,
My name is***** have been in touch with you before regarding an issue related to C-date and membership cancellation. This issues in not resolved yet. I was contacted by debt collector company named eCollect AG that demands me to pay £166 otherwise the case will be raise in a court against me. I need a legal advice, please
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
eCollect AG <*****@******.***>
To:
Marcin BojarewiczMon, 13 Jun at 09:29Debt collection proceeding due to unpaid Unpaid membership at www.c-date.co.uk, reference: GB-2022-02-20-224805914-CDATE-CB from 13.01.2022, due on 13.01.2022Dear Mr Marcin Bojarewicz,With our letter dd. 28.05.2022 we have already informed you about the unpaid amount for Unpaid membership at www.c-date.co.uk, reference: GB-2022-02-20-224805914-CDATE-CB commissioned to us by Interdate SA (www.c-date.co.uk). In the absence of any valid objection, the claim is deemed to be undisputed.In order to avoid further costs as well as the initiation of enforcement measures, we strongly advise you to pay your debt in the amount of GBP 166.52 (EUR 192.19) to our bank account:eCollect AG - IBAN: *****************62013 - SWIFT: SOLADEST600Bank key / Sort code: 60050101 - Bank account no.:(###) ###-####ank address: Baden-Wuerttembergische Bank, Am Hauptbahnhof 2, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany Payment reference: 84DTG7D4You can also pay directly online: https://ecollect.online (We accept credit card payments)If no payment has been received by 23.06.2022, legal proceedings shall be initiated on behalf of our client. Once our court order has been successful, you shall also bear the additional costs incurred (lawyer’s charges and court fees, bailiff’s fees, interest) based on your liability for default. At this stage we point out that we explicitly reserve the right to initiate scoring measures, in particular the reporting of undisputed claims to scoring agencies.Until full payment of this claim, we will maintain a negative balance in a debt account in your name. Please bear in mind, that we are also to report the debt to the credit agencies. This will seriously affect your credit score in the future.Please refer to the attached sheet for an extract from your customer account.Kind regards,eCollect AG
------------------------------------------------------
email:***@******.***
web: ecollect.online
Messenger: facebook.com/ecollectIBAN: *****************62013
SWIFT: SOLADEST600Post address:
eCollect AG
Scanbox #09102
Ehrenbergstrasse 16A
10245 Berlin
GermanyCompany headquarters:
eCollect AG
Neuhofstrasse 19A
6340 Baar, ZG
SwitzerlandHandelsregister Zug
UID: CHE-180.481.291Member of
Inkasso Suisse
------------------------------------------------------This e-mail may contain confidential and / or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
84DTG7D4_account_statement
.pdf
109.9kB
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please, ask me questions

I understand you are being pursued by debt collectors acting on behalf of a dating company. How much are they wanting you to pay?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
163;166.52
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have sent you a copy of email from last week, sent to me by eCollect AG
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
this a a copy of statement
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
a debt collector says that they had already sent me a letter dated back to 28.05.2022 but I have not received any communication from them. The first one was the email sent to me on 13th June
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
C-date acts as a scam website full of fake people and they make everything to stop anybody from membership cancellation, so that many people cancel payments with bank and cards, I did the same thing. Now they pursue me for unpaid fees which mount up with time.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
this is a link to the trust pilot website and reviews made by potential customer https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/c-date.co.uk
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
c-date takes money out of people's bank accounts/ cards and the only way to stop it is to cancel cards and request payment refund

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now. I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day and the system will notify you when this happens.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you. I will not be available this afternoon, so if I have some more questions, can I ask you them tomorrow?
No problem at all. 

I should also make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I will be dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

Despite what is happening now with your situation, I would not change your approach compared to what we discussed previously. They would likely up the pressure by making further threats and mentioning court, etc but in the end it means nothing. You can only be forced to pay them if they actually go to court and are successful with their claim, which is very unlikely, especially considering the way they operate the site and how they make it pretty much impossible to cancel. A clear scam like this will not be looked upon favourably by the courts so the chances of them going to court, let alone winning a claim, are extremely remote. As such, I would say to retain the same approach and ignore any correspondence from them.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. This situation has lasted since January 2022 and it's so depressing to me. First C-date hired a debt collection company named CMS collection, but they were unsuccessful in recovering "my unpaid fees" It took place over the period of March and April. Since then I have not heard anything from them so I had a feeling that it was over but I was wrong. On 13th of June, another company named eCollect AG based in Switzerland contacted me. In my opinion, they seem to be more powerful and consistent in recovering "my supposed debt" Sorry for the long question. Is it possible that they may send someone to my house to collect the debt? How reliable in your opinion is eCollect AG? The last thing, it looks to me as if eCollect AG wants me to take to a court more than C-date because I think that C-date had already sold "my supposed debt" to eCollect AG and they will take all steps to recover the money. I apologize for asking more questions but I feel anxiety and frustration. Thank you

Hello again and thank you for your further queries, which I will be more than happy to answer. There is nothing stopping them from sending someone to your house but they wil have no power to collect anything without a court order. This means they must go to court first where you will get a chance to defend yourself, before they convince a court they are right and get a court order in their favour. Only if you do not ay it will they eventually be able to send bailiffs round your property with powers to make you pay.

I have had numerous other people in the exact same situation with you, the same company even, and no one has actually been taken to court over it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello, thank you for your response. I still have questions. If they take me to the court will I be informed in advance about the date and location of the court session or the court verdict can be passed without my presence? I understand that if my case is taken to the court I should be given the right to get prepared and hire a lawyer or solicitor? I'm not sure if these questions make sense but I would like to get your opinion. Also, I don't know how long I can ask you questions when I paid £29 yesterday. Sorry, but from time to time more questions come to my mind.Thank you

If they make a claim, you will be issued with notification of the claim and have the chance to either accept it, or defend it. If you defend it then it will be scheduled for a hearing in the future and you will have the chance to attend to argue your case, before a decision is made.

You have 7 days to ask short follow up questions on here, after which you need to start a new question. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good Morning,
Once more, thank you for your response. At this point, the issue seems to be clear to me. If I need some more information I will contact you in the future. Thank you.
No problem and all the best